Paralegal or legal assistant
You will work closely with the team’s paralegals and lawyers, including:
– Opening and closing files in Juris Evolution software;
– Management of follow-ups and file deadlines;
– Drafting of procedures, letters and legal documents with professional layouts;
– Supporting the preparatory work of lawyers at every stage of their cases, including the preparation of documents for court;
– Communication with our members and clients;
– Applications, follow-up of applications and billing to the Fonds d’aide aux actions collectives;
– Data entry;
– Review of case law on class actions.
A college degree in paralegal technology OR a diploma in secretarial work completed with an attestation of professional specialization in legal secretarial work and 2 years of experience related to the responsibilities of the position OR an attestation of college studies in paralegal technology and 2 years of experience related to the responsibilities of the position.
These requirements may be adapted as needed.
– Excellent command of oral and written French and recognized writing skills;
– Good knowledge of English;
– Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
– Sense of interpersonal relations, leadership, team spirit, intellectual curiosity, and ability to listen, analyze and synthesize;
– Has an aptitude for customer service.
– A salary of $40,000 to $48,000 depending on your experience;
– Work hours Monday to Friday at 37.5 hours per week;
– Starting at 3 weeks of vacation per year;
– Medication and health insurance after 3 months;
– A friendly, stimulating and rewarding work environment;
– The possibility to evolve and grow.
Send us your application to email@example.com.