Support Agent – Individuals in the justice system
We wish to create a groupe of people interested in full or part-time employment with criminalized individuals.
We need people to support our team, including with:
– Answering calls from inmates or ex-inmates regarding the status of their claims in the process of a class action, and other information;
– Contacting claimants requiring assistance in completing the claim form;
– Making appointments for contact with lawyers and other interveners;
– Follow-up with prison and penitentiary authorities on upcoming appointments;
– Follow-up on claims and “incomplete” files by contacting claimants;
– Management of the email inbox;
– Management of voice messages;
– Administrative support to lawyers on duty (sending documents, work on file, saving emails, etc.); and
– Other related tasks.
We look for the following competencies and attributes:
– Relevant background or experience working with individuals in the justice system (e.g., intervention/social work, criminology, corrections)
– Interest in working with individuals who have or have had troubles with the law;
– Knowledge of Word and Excel (this would be validated in advance);
– Knowledge of online database environments;
– Flexibility and adaptability;
– Good priority management;
– Ability to work on multiple projects in a “parallel” way;
– Attention to details;
– Team player;
– Experience in customer service;
– Call center experience, an asset; and
– Interest in prison law, an asset.
The work will be performed at our offices at 750 Côté de la Place d’Armes, next to Place d’Armes metro.
Interested candidates can communicate their interest directly to email@example.com.